photo sisterzaugg.gif

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Heyoooooooooooo

Sawatdii friends and family tuug taan!

I'm sitting here trying to remember what happened this week... but it went so fast I can barely remember! hahaha

We spent a lot of time teaching Brother K, our deaf investigator. He had a goal to be baptized this last Sunday... but his understanding was really limited. He can read and write, but it's hard for him to understand and we can't ever understand his understanding because he can't answer open ended questions. :/ He was supposed to interview on Friday night, but after we asked him if he had repented... we realized that he still didn't understand what repentance was... or that he even had sin to repent of. :( We decided that he needed more time. He was really sad after that and didn't go to church on Sunday. Sis Adams kept saying that maybe he was ready and that we hadn't had enough faith and had taken that opportunity away from him. I didn't want to believe it, though..... But after that he wouldn't answer our texts. We thought we lost him! But, we (mostly me) had a lesson on humility and realized that even though we tried our best... maybe we could have done more to help him be prepared for baptism, so this morning we prayed together and repented and guess what! Right after our prayer he texted us! We're so grateful for this second chance that God has given us to teach Brother K. I think from this experience I truly learned what it means to come before God with a broken heart and a contrite spirit. It wasn't easy for me to repent... mostly because I was sure that K hadn't been ready, but I decided that I would rather lose my pride than a child of God. :) It was worth it.

This week we've met a lot of prepared people! We found a woman who recently moved to Pangna who is looking for God and comfort, a grandma who is raising her grandchildren and who is looking for a good place to raise them, and a few others. We're pretty excited to see what happens with all of these new people!

This week we had a break through with our investigator Sai. She just couldn't accept that she had faith until we had a throw down lesson with her and told her that she had faith and gave her hw to read Alma 32. The next day she had a different demeanor... she told us that she thinks she DOES have faith!! Woo hoo!!!! She has grown so much since we first started teaching her! She's seen he light and she loves it. :)) She said, "Sisters, would you believe it? I take the Book of Mormon everywhere with me. I read it in the bathroom when I'm sad." Awwww yeah!

So yeah.......... I really..... can't remember anything else. hahah I feel like Pangna is so normal compared to Saphaansung. Nothing crazy happens.... ever..... I kinda miss it! haha

Love you all!!

Sister Zaugg

No comments:

Post a Comment