photo sisterzaugg.gif

Monday, March 25, 2013

Sister Zaugg's First Letter Home

Saawatdii kha!

It's my second day at the MTC, but it feels like it's been weeks! It's go, go, go, all day long! I love it!

I am in District 30. There are 5 of us in my district (I'm in a trio). My companions' names are Sister Barton and Sister Ng. They are both really awesome and really different! I love them already.

I have been very busy. Learning Thai takes about 6 hours of my day. The tones are pretty hard. Today we learned how to say prayers in Thai. We're trying to memorize them by tonight so that we can say our prayers in Thai, since we share a room with a Cambodian trio and they say their prayers in Cambodian.

So, all of the Thai people already here are called Phii Thais (big Thais) and we are the Nxxy Thai (little Thais). They fawn over us like Aunts over chubby babies.

I'm super excited to learn more, and more, and more! We teach our first lesson tomorrow!

                                                                                  Love,

                                                                                       Sister Zaugg

No comments:

Post a Comment