photo sisterzaugg.gif

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Happy Day!

I'm happy to say that Sis Hughes and I are feeling much better this week! haha I still have a bit of a cough, but it's really nothing bad at all. Phew! That's the second time that I've been sick on my mission... I hope it doesn't happen again!

So this was a really great week! On Wednesday we spent a few hours translating for Sister Becky at a primary presidency meeting. That was kinda fun, especially since we were at a member's house and she had these two little poodles who were actually clean and not disease-ridden! They were the biggest lap dogs I've ever seen. They spent every energy they had trying to get on my lap. Every now and again a poodle would leap onto my lap and then lose its balance and fall off, but eventually both dogs successfully made it on! Also, I would direct your attention to my feet. No, they are extremely dirty, that's just my tan line.

We went contacting with Sister Senior on Tuesday.
 It was wayyyyy fun!
This picture is of us searching for new investigators. 

On Thursday we decided to go find a member's house 'cause we're trying to go find and visit all of the members in the ward. The only problem with doing this is we're doing surprise visits because if you ask members to visit them they get really suspicious and will almost never let you go over. I think missionaries in the past have overused members and now they don't really trust the missionaries. Our goal right now is to just go find them and see how we can serve them and gain their trust again! So anyway, we found this member's address and hopped on a song thew to her neighborhood. 

And let me tell you: it was like walking into Wonderland! It was the NICEST neighborhood EVER!! It was lined with all kinds of Western restaurants, shops and super nice houses. It wasn't as dirty as other neighborhoods, cars were actually parked on the right side of the street, and we got to watch a Thai drama being filmed. ahahaha The crazy part was that it was a Thai nieghborhood...  we didn't see any white people! It was crazy! It was so perfect. Even though it was a million degrees outside and we were soaked in our own sweat, we were having such a good time walking around. At one point we found a cheesecake shop. Yup. We went in 'cause Sis Hughes really needed to use the bathroom, and so they directed us to a little potty between their shop and a massage place next door. While I was sitting outside, waiting, the massage guy next door came out to give me his business card. I was like, "...Thanks. Missionaries can't get massages! Do you wanna learn how to be cleaned from sins through Jesus Christ?" And he was like, "....Yeah!" Hahahahah We've gone to teach him once so far but he had some customers so we're gonna have to go back at a better time. We'll see where that goes. 

Anyways, across from those little shops is a huge pond. On the other side of that pond is the most AMAZING HOUSE. It's BLUE. And HUGE. And probably has a library/ballroom like the one in Beauty and the Beast. We've gone back to that neighborhood quite a few times now, and every time we get stuck in front of this house just staring at it.


No Swiss Restaurant is complete
without two cow statues.


Also, in that neighborhood is a Swiss Restaurant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was too good to not pass up. 

yuuummmmmmmmmmm



We went there for lunch on Friday and ate STROGANOFF. It was so good. Except for the fact that it's been about 6 months since I've eaten beef and my body just didn't know what to do with it all. The next day Sis Hughes and I suffered from all kinds of terrible stomach pains. hahahahha But it was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo worth it.


On Friday we had to go back out to Asoke for another dentist appointment. Sis Hughes has another one in two weeks, and hopefully it'll be her last! However, we will miss getting to eat sandwiches for dinner. Mmmmmmmmmm :)

And now here is the best part of the email.

Are you ready?

.....

.....

.....



JEEP GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yess! You heard me right!! I had my first baptism on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh it was so awesome. :)))))) Before her baptism she was worried 'cause she still hadn't told her mom that she was changing religions, but when she showed up on Saturday we were like, "So how did it go???" And she was like, "The only thing she said was to make sure I go to the wad first." lolllll So I guess it isn't a problem? Ohhhhh I'm so happy for Jeep. :)) 

Even if I didn't teach her from the beginning, it was such a pleasure to teach her the couple times that I did. She knew all along that she wanted to do this, she just didn't know how to recognize that she'd already gotten her answer. She's so sincere and faithful! She takes notes during lessons and goes home and writes questions down and then comes back for answers. I love that girl so much!



Her baptism was great! She got so excited that she jumped into the font with her shoes on. LOL She forgot to take them off. All of her friends that she's made in the church were there and a lot of people came to her baptism and it was just so happy and wonderful. :)))))) I was a lot more calm than I anticipated that I would be for my first baptism. I was just really happy for Jeep. I could see how firm and happy she was in her decision to be baptized. And then at church she got the gift of the holy ghost and every one kept welcoming her as a new member and you could tell that she was really excited. :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Ohhhh Happy Day! 

All of the new members and Pa Gua and Khiam!!
These two old guys are the best.
In Sacrament meeting I saw them wai each other
as is custom when greeting someone,
and then fist bump each other.
There were actually 5 baptisms this week, 'cause on Sunday there were 4 more baptisms!! It was craaaaaazy! 

So yeah!! The work in Saphaan Sung is awesome. Right now we're trying harder at talking to every one and be more bold and find more people who wanna be baptized! We need to find them quick if we're gonna make our goal for 20 baptisms as a district this transfer. But really.... I think we might make it. We're 6/20 right now. Yeahhhh B)

Love

Sis Zaugg



 

No comments:

Post a Comment