photo sisterzaugg.gif

Monday, March 17, 2014

Heyyy

This week started way awesome but ended on not the greatest note. Agency, I tell ya. It's the hardest thing about missionary work. 

We had a couple of investigators who really wanted to get baptized on Sunday, but both had some pretty big problems get in the way, and in the end, they just didn't have enough faith to push through them. :( This week we didn't get balanced, even though we worked SO hard, and taught SO many people and had SO many people say that they would go to church. But it's OK. We're just turning a new page and starting over. We still have one investigator with a date for baptism, though! Her name is Tong. On the day that we pretty much just had to drop everyone, we were riding to the church when a guy on a motorcycle waved us down. Turns out it was a member and he said, "Hey, my niece is gonna live with me for a couple months. I want her to get baptized. Will you come teach her today?" And we were like, "Uhhhh.... YEAH!" So later we taught her at his home. She's 12 and super shy, but she's a sweetheart and she's at a point in her life when I think being a member of the church will really help her. It's hard, because she's a kid and it's kinda hard to help kids see just how AWESOME and NECESSARY the Gospel is.... so that's been a challenge, but still! Tender mercies of the Lord, I tell ya. :)

Our church has a mouse problem,
so E. Wheeler and Smith bought a mouse cage.
One day we were there when they caught their third mouse.
We asked, "What do you do with them?"
They said, "Chuck 'em off the roof."
So we watched them chuck it off the roof....
and it HIT THE GROUND RUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We were all so shocked and E. Smith said it perfectly:
"That's stupid."
Last week we bought a washer!!!!!!! Wahoooooo! but then we realized that we didn't have an extension cord so that was a bummer. hahah We got one a couple days ago. Yay for no more washing laundry by hand!

On Wednesday I went on a Switch Off with a companionship in Udorn. It was my first one as the sister training leader! I was pretty nervous. I've just kept wondering, "What on Earth do I have to teach these sisters??" I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to help with anything.... particularly because this one companionship has been struggling. Basically me and Sis Yim (Sis Ng's big-me from the MTC!) just contacted all day in Udorn. We got lots of numbers and return appointments! More than I've ever gotten in one day. I really enjoyed it, and I hope that Sis Yim got something out of it, too. :O

Saturday night after a long day of teaching and contacting, 
we went to 7/11 to buy some stuff for Sunday.... 
and somehow I ended up with sooooo many drinks. 
I didn't know that I was so thirsty! 
The best part was when one of the Elders' investigators 
ran into us, looked at us with all of our bottles and said: 
"Kin Nom" (drink milk) and then walked away. LOL

Here's a fun contacting story: One night we were just biking down a street and stopping to talk to every person we passed. We stopped at one little shop that had some people inside and yelled, "Hey! Do you wanna wash your sins?" And the guy inside was like, "Next time!" Sis Maughan pointed her finger at him and was like, "Ok! Next time!" So the next day we showed up and were like, "Hey! Look at that! It's next time!" And he just laughed and was like, "ok ok Come in." So we taught a bit about Christ and how He can help us no matter if we're happy or sad. The guy made a return appointment so that was pretty awesome!

This week is zone conference!! We haven't had a zone conference since I trained Sis Downs. I'm suuuuuuper excited!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great week!

Sis Zaugg

No comments:

Post a Comment