photo sisterzaugg.gif

Sunday, April 27, 2014

That awkward moment when you've been companions with everyone in your zone

OK, so, I'll start with the news:

I got moved.

AGAIN.

GYAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

That's OK. I've come to terms with it already.

But man I hate moving.

This is at the famous park in Udorn call Nongprajak.
There they have the three, giant, iconic ducks
that float in the middle of the pond.
As you can see, it appears that the big duck
is taking a nose dive into the pond.
That is because a few weeks ago there was a
big storm in Udorn. There was LOTS of wind,
and the wind ripped one of the ducks out
of the pond and it took flight and crashed into a bridge.
It caused a lot of damage and took out several
people in the process.
So Monday during emails we got the transfers call saying that Sis Maughan would leave and I would stay. Which was great because she's never left the Udorn Zone and I asked Pres Senior to stay. But then Tuesday morning rolled around and we got a call from the zone leaders saying that it had been SWITCHED. I was leaving and Sis Maughan was staying! So that was a bummer. :( I knew immediately what my new area was: Udorn! Because that's where the zone leaders are, and I was the only sister training leader in the mission who wasn't in the zone leaders' area. Plus, the assistants to the pres told me to leave my stuff in Udorn on the way down to Bangkok... so that was a clue.


Our "breakfast" on the
bus down to Bangkok.
Sis Maughan and I ended up having to take a morning bus down to transfers meeting because there weren't enough seats on the night bus for us and the elders to go together, and Pres Senior doesn't let sisters travel alone at night. Boy that was MISERABLE. Soooooooo boring! But because it was light outside we got to see some cool mountain type things.. they weren't really mountains, more just like the hills in Oregon, but after having been in flat Bangkok for 9 months, they sure seemed pretty mountain-ish to me!


Sis Maughan and I wore matching
Laotian skirts to transfers

Our little chancho!!!!!!!

This was a fun transfers because LES WAS THERE!!! He moved to Don Muang! He's grown up. He's taller, and has a deeper voice... and he's wayyyy more outgoing!! I love that kid! He's doing great. He's dying to be a missionary and carries around his own planner. lol! I was just so happy to see him. I love seeing my recent converts! Especially when they're still going strong!





Me and my mom! May she rest in peace.
The saddest part of transfers was the fact that Sister Reedy died. :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( That was almost a year ago that she picked me up from the office and took me to my baby area! I can't believe it. And now she's dead. I kind of just followed her around like a lost puppy the whole day. I'm gonna miss her so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have always looked up to her SO much. I just think the world of her.

So this is the setup of sisters in my zone now:

I'm in Udorn with Sis Stewart. Sis Tilley is staying for a third transfer in Udorn with Sis ADAMS, and Sis Maughan is in Nong Khai with SIS DOWNS.

But, here is the twist: Sis Stewart's last companion is going home because of health issues, so Sis Stewart is still in Bangkok supporting her last companion... which means right now I'm in a trio with Sis Tilley and Adams. So that's been crazy. hahahhaa I've basically been told to just put my area on the back-burner and follow Sis Tilley and Adams around until Sis Stewart comes up.

Hahaha Poor Sis Adams. She thought she could escape me!

But really, Udorn is this weird... mashed-up area...... Let me explain. Basically everyone in the Udorn zone has served together in past areas. 

Talking on the phone with an investigator...
trying to catch a water buffalo. Y'know.
My first district had pretty much followed each other our whole missions. Me, Sis Tilley, Elder Wheeler, Elder Terry, Sis Downs, Sis Sahagun, and Elder Watts. We were all together in Pakkret, and then we all moved up to Udorn. Udorn is weird. Sis Sahagun's trainer, Sis Carter, died here a few transfers ago. THEN Sis Sahagun came up and replaced her. Then Sis Tilley (who was trained by Sis Sahagun) came up and lived in the same house together! Then Sis Downs (who I trained) came up to be companions with Sis Tilley in Udorn, and now Sis Tilley is with Sis Adams who I trained, and now I'm there, too! It's just weird. It's kinda freaky, actually.

I hope you can fathom that mess that I just tried to explain.

MOOOOO!!!!


Us on the train!
Anyway. So we ended up taking a train back up to Udorn with the Nongkhai district. That was fun. It was a sleeper train and had bunks! It was sooooo ghetto. I LOVED IT! I used the restroom, and not only did it smell completely foul, but I looked down the hole and realized that it is literally just a whole that empties out onto the tracks.

So think twice before walking on train tracks, guys.




Our beautiful new house!
So now I'm here in Udorn! We live in a BEAUTIFUL house! It's gorgeous. We have the Elders' house right next to ours, and the Senior Couple, Elder and Sister Brown a couple houses down. I love the Browns! They make us waffles and lemonade at night! They are sooo cool. The only down side to the house is that we get cockroaches. The first night here Sis Adams found a cockroach EATING a dead gecko. Like... DEVOURING it!  So after we freaked out about that for a while I was nominated to kill it.... and for some reason I decided to use a clear tupper-ware to smash it..... and it like.... literally exploded. It must of been really full, because it just ejected all of the gecko it had eaten plus it's own guts. AND IT WAS STILL ALIVE. It tried to run away but I just kept smashing it until it died. But, anyway, the other sisters were freaking out the whole time. Like, standing on chairs, SCREAMING their heads off. Our district leader came over (he's thai! yay!) and was like "are you... ok...?" We laughed SO hard. The sisters explained what happened and all we got was: "Sis Zaugg, why you gotta be so brutal?" LOL
SO yeah! Sunday was sad, because my investigator Naraa was gonna get baptized here in Udorn, but he chickened out at the last minute. :( BUT. Tii got baptized!! Apparently he cried and it was amazing. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The zone leaders from before (terry and cahoon) both died at transfers, but they left SEVEN baptisms for this sunday. So awesome!!

So yeah! I'm excited to get my new companion... hopefully this week!

Have a great week!

Sis Zaugg



1 comment:

  1. Dang! You have Texas size cockroaches in Thailand! Seriously! I was always the one that had to kill them on my mission too. Your new house looks amazing! So awesome your neighbors are missionaries. :) Enjoy your experiences. It's been fun reading your letters every week.
    Love,
    Aunt Candace

    ReplyDelete