photo sisterzaugg.gif

Monday, September 16, 2013

Howdy!!

Howdy every one!!!!!!! One day I answered a call from a Zone Leader with 'howdy' and he was really amused by it. haha

This week has been fun. I've never felt so exhausted in my entire mission!!!!!!!!!!!! I went to- count them- THREE Sports Days this week! The first one was the Zone Sports day last P-Day (granted, I didn't do anything at that one 'cause I wanted to write letters instead).

My team won the volleyball tournament!
The second one as a branch Sports Day at the Pankapi ward. On Thursday evening we went on switch-offs with the Sister Training Leader in Pankapi. I went to Pankapi with her greenie and Sister Downs stayed in Don Muang with the Sister Training Leader. That was a really interesting switch-off day. So I remembered that one of the Elders from my first District in Thailand moved to Pankapi last transfers and I was pretty excited to get to see him since I LOVED my first district! But durings studies on Friday morning he called Sister Slaugh (my temporary companion) and asked if we could bring him gatorade because he "couldn't move". So we bought some weird Thai gatorade and dropped it off. Apparently he had a bad fever. Later in the day he actually went to the hospital! So basically that whole day Sister Slaugh and I took care of that companionship. We bought them food..... taught their investigators..... took care of the Sports Night activity..... Yeah. Didn't even get to talk to that Elder! Haha It was a fun experience. I was way jealous of the fact that they all live so close to the church!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate how Don Muang doesn't have its own church. :/ Anyway. Sports Day at Pankapi was fun. I totally bruised my hand playing volley ball, though.

We switched back at the church at Pankapi and went home! Our taxi driver on the way back was a lady. WEIRD. Her car broke down twice. I felt really bad for her. :( 

So then the next day our branch had its own Sports Day! We're still trying to help the branch members get to know each other since they still don't have a ton of unity after the split. Not a ton of people went to the activity, but we had lots of fun with those that went! One of our investigators went, too! It was way fun. But we basically played sports from 9AM to 6PM and I was DEAD tired after that. But we still managed to find the energy to go visit Sis Lek and her girls and after sharing our message taught them clapping games for like a half hour. hahaha I love those girls so much!

Yesterday I was sooo tired. I was falling asleep all through church. However, we taught a great lesson after church, made brownies to share with the members, had choir practice (somehow I got wrangled into ANOTHER choir), and then took a member to visit a less active member who we've been visiting for about a month. The lesson with the LA was soooo awesome. We taught her son who's 5 years old the Restoration. It was awesome! We made it fun and at the end the LA gave the closing prayer. The first time we met her she wouldn't even commit to praying on her own. Soooo awesome!

Putting the 100th stamp in my booklet!
When you buy certain stuff at 7/11 they give you stamps.
 We're saving up 400 so we can buy the 7/11 backpack. :)
The member who we took to visit the LA is so lovely. We've started working with her a ton in the last week. She served in California! I feel like every time we go out with her I learn so much and want to be better. I wish we started working with her sooner!!!!! Oh well. I'll just soak her up while I have the chance. :D

We're hoping to have a baptism in a couple weeks! The 9 year old girl who we teach says she'll be baptized!! She and her aunt are praying for a date. It was a miracle, really. She was terrified of it, but we took two primary workers and taught about the holy ghost and they helped her feel comfortable with it and she's gonna do it!!! Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!

If you keep walking it isn't so bad.
It's when you stop that questionable things
 start sticking to your legs. Yikes!



It's been raining a TON in Bangkok right now. Don Muang was a giant pool for like, 2 days straight. It's been way fun! (Plus the weather is pretty cool which is nice. And when I say cool, I mean, like, 85 degrees F).




After riding in the rain/flood.












Don't have too much else to say today!! I'm fighting on. I hope every one else is pushing through their hard spots. :)))

Love,

Sis Zaugg



No comments:

Post a Comment